Is it really Halloween unless you’ve made some themed cookies? I think not!
The wonderful Drizzle and Dip has a fabulous vanilla snap biscuit recipe that I’ve tried a few times, and thought I would adapt it for my cookies!
What You’ll Need
– 1 cup of caster sugar
– 185 grams of butter
– 2 tsp of vanilla extract
– 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
– 1 egg
– 1 egg yolk
– Food colouring
– Cookie cutters (I got mine HERE) a mixing bowl and a tray with parchment.
– Desired cookie decorations (silver balls etc)
How to Make
1. Whisk together your butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add the flour, egg and egg yolk and whisk again until the mixture forms a dough.
3. Take your dough out of the bowl and knead gently, before wrapping in cling film and leaving in the fridge for half an hour. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees Celsius once you’ve place your dough in the fridge.
4. Once this time has passed, it’s time to roll dat dough! Grab your cookie cutter shapes, and get making your biscuits, placing them on some parchment paper on a baking tray as you go.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the biscuits are golden.
6. Take them out and place them on a cooler surface, and wait for them to reach room temperature before decorating!
What will you be baking this Halloween?