I’m in Blogosphere Magazine!

I know, right? Please just, pinch me as hard as you can! I don’t often get to say I got interviewed for a magazine, so please, humour me here okay??

At the end of last year, the lovely Blogosphere Magazine created an online network that anyone could sign up to and I jumped at the chance. I expected blogging tips, blog recommendations and upcoming events news would be winging their way to my inbox, what could be better?

Jumper: LOTD

A chance to feature in their ‘In the Spotlight’ section was also announced after signing up but I honestly thought nothing of it. I was SO shocked and excited when I found out I’d been placed in the top 10, before being in the top three. My wee blog has been going for a while and I’ve seen ebbs and flows, but honestly thought it was nothing special.

Getting a little bit of recognition got me thinking about stepping out of my comfort zone. I never really put myself up for awards, or put myself out there. Maybe it’s that inherent Britishness, but self promotion has always felt a little icky to me – but why?

There’s nothing wrong with putting yourself out there and letting the world know who you are as a person, but I feel like I’ve been slowly retreating over the past year, spending more time alone in my room with my makeup than out trying to make blogging friends, going to events or promoting my blog.

Although that’s not necessarily a bad thing (I’ve been hurt and let down by a number of friends so I’m super wary of everyone really!) I feel like I haven’t been pushing myself very hard in that respect.

In my opinion, it’s never really too late in the year to say ‘2018 is the year of____’ so I’m pledging that 2018 will be the year where I really push my boundaries. Being featured in such a wonderful and supportive publication like Blogosphere has made me realise that I need to get my butt in gear, and really work on myself, get out of my comfort zone or try out for something that scares me.

This week saw me find three competitions I want to try out for, and one of them is the NYX Face Awards. The level of talent is extremely high and even though I have no chance, I feel like creating something for that will be the perfect way to have fun doing what I love while working hard to showcase something I’m passionate about!
How do you push yourself?

16 Comments

1. March 27, 2018 / 12:48 pm

Aww Maria! This is so amazing. I’m so happy for you. Even though I don’t live in UK, I know how huge Blogosphere is! You deserve it! 😘

• lifewithmariaeva
      March 28, 2018 / 1:57 pm

omg Mary thank you so much!!

2. March 27, 2018 / 1:37 pm

Congrats on your feature, you look stunning! X

• lifewithmariaeva
      March 28, 2018 / 10:17 am

Omg Alice thank you so much!

3. March 27, 2018 / 1:46 pm

Congratulations on the feature Maria, you really deserve it! I was so chuffed for you when I saw you in there as I love the work you product. I’ve seen you getting upset on Insta/Twitter before due to lack of engagement etc but you shouldn’t because what you create is amazing! You should definitely enter the NYX Face Awards – And if you do, good luck! xx

Jess
    alrightblondie.com

• lifewithmariaeva
      March 28, 2018 / 10:27 am

Awe thank you so much Jess!! So cool that you spotted me hehe. Yeah social is just stressing me out, especially Instagram I feel like I go up and down on there so much! Yes I think I’m going to try it out, and it’ll be a good learning curve hehe. Thanks for the comment Jess x

4. March 27, 2018 / 5:28 pm

Congrats Maria!!! If anyone deserves it, it’s you! You should be proud because you work really hard at what you do. I’m so happy for you girl! ❤❤

• lifewithmariaeva
      March 28, 2018 / 10:28 am

Ah Kayla you are so sweet! Thank you so much, that means a lot!

5. March 27, 2018 / 7:41 pm

Wow Maria! so happy for you, congratulations! you absolutely deserve that, your work is amazing. I am sure you are going to do wonderful in any contest you apply to. Pushing yourself out of the comfort zone is important and difficult – I love that you are doing it more and more. I finally wrote the story that was rolling in my head for a long time, and I self published it, that was my “pushing myself” act to start the year, now I try to do a little bit of it every day. Thank you for an inspiring post.

• lifewithmariaeva
      March 28, 2018 / 12:48 pm

Awe Madi what a lovely message! I’ve always found it a little difficult but im now completely determined, hehe! Thanks for such an awesome comment.

• lifewithmariaeva
      April 3, 2018 / 9:26 am

Lucy, Kelly, thank you so much! hehe I’m scared to enter, but totally glad I did!

6. March 28, 2018 / 8:36 pm

Wow, you look wonderful, these curls are so cute on you! Congratulations on your feature in the magazine, you totally deserve it!

• lifewithmariaeva
      April 3, 2018 / 9:27 am

Omg thank you so much gurl! And thank you it was so unexpected but wonderful 🙂

7. March 28, 2018 / 9:13 pm

Ahhh congrats! Everything you create is always super amazing and creative, you defo deserve it and more!

• lifewithmariaeva
      April 3, 2018 / 9:27 am

Rosario you are so sweet, what lovely, kind words!