Plant-loving supervillain Poison Ivy was one of my idols growing up! Not just in comic books, but also Uma Thurman’s portrayal in 1997’s Batman and Robin. Slick, sly and with a whole load of sass, as a 7 year-old I used to prance around, reciting her idioms.
Last year I dressed as the character to a Halloween party but it was very last minute and if I’m honest, I didnt have a clue what to put on my face! This year equipped with real ivy and a whole load of green and red make up, I couldn’t wait to create a look. I’ll always have a soft spot for this beauty look, and I’m sure this won’t be the last time I portray the fauna-loving villain.
Want to know how to achieve the look this Halloween? read on babies!
How to Do Poison Ivy Make Up
1. First thing’s first, you need a clean base. I am always reaching for my 3ina’s 3-in-1 foundation because GURL, it’s the best. I covered my face and my neck, and also my brows because I’m looking to do red ones.
2. Next up, I’m painting those brows! I’m using Freedom Make Up’s red lipstick in Stole the Show for this, and literally just painting it on with a small, angled brush.
3. You can also use your normal brow brush to create the look, or just leave your brows brown, I don’t think it’s too essential for this! Eyes come next and I’m looking for a really vivid green. HAIII MUA! I picked up their Tropical Oceana palette for £8 (wut!) and I used the three colours you see next to ma lil finger below. I also got a larger, contour brush and used the green to contour my cheeks and added some green on my chest too.
4. I’ve been looking for the perfect liquid liner FO’ YEARS and I’m so excited that I found Make Up Gallery in Poundland.. it’s LUSSSSH. My next step is liner on the lids before applying some falsies.
5. Last step is the lips! I combined a small glitter pot with Lime Crime’s Alien liquid lipstick to create a statement look and BAM! you’re done.
Mammals, a day of reckoning is coming. That’s right, the same plants and flowers that saw you crawl from the primordial soup will reclaim the planet. And there will be no-one to protect you.
Who is your favourite comic book character to dress up as?