Hey beauties! I was kindly nominated by Meg to take part in the Liebster Award so I couldn’t resist. If you’re not too sure how it works, it’s basically a chain of questions that helps you get to know some more awesome bloggers. Here are my answers to Meg’s questions below, and my nominations to carry on the chain!
- Who’s your favourite blogger to follow on Instagram?
This one is such a toughie as there are so many talented people out there, but I would have to say Bren & Pip. They SLAY me with their looks all the time, and they’re such amazing, lovely girls. They honestly deserve thousands of followers.
- If you could bring somebody back from the dead, who would it be?
Amy Winehouse. She had such talent, but was brought down by so many things that weren’t in her control.
- If your life could be a sitcom, which one would you choose?
Bewitched! I would be wiggling my nose and magicking up all manner of things.
- Are you cruelty free in any aspects of your life?
YES! I only wear cruelty free make up, I never wear leather and I try to stay clear from anything that contains animal products really. I am a meat eater, but I try to keep my intake to a minimum!
- What was your old MySpace name? (Find a photo to share from the MySpace days, g’won!)
Oh lordy, is it bad that I never had a MySpace, I was always a Bebo gal and I don’t have any pictures 🙁
- What’s your favourite book?
This one is such a toughy as I’m an English Lit grad so I’ve read TOO many books. Of the classics, I would have to say Lady Chatterly’s Lover, it’s so beautifully written. Crime is my true passion though, and a modern book I’ve read and couldn’t put down was The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes- I mean, a time travelling serial killer is such a genius idea.
- If you could pass a law, what would it be?
That animal cruelty would carry a heftier sentence. Too many people get away with mistreating animals.
- Do any songs remind other people of you?
Being called Maria, there are quite a few songs (some I’m more keen on than others!) that have my name in them. I often get serenaded, Blondie’s version is my fave.
- Which of your Halloween costumes was your favourite?
AHHHH! Being such a Halloween fan this is so difficult, but I do love dressing as a cat, or a witch. There are so many different variations. I’m really not into SFX or zombie stuff, definitely more of a classic Halloween gal.
- What’s your favourite swear word?
Hehe! ‘frig’ I think. It’s kind of a half swear word and it’s not as naughty as f**k.
- If you could erect (haaaa) a statue in honour of somebody you know, who would it be?
I honestly have no clue. My cat? She’s majestic AF.
And here are your questions beauts!
- If you could date anyone famous, who would it be?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- Who gives you inspiration in the blogging world?
- Where is your dream holiday destination?
- Let’s talk self-care; how do you treat yourself?
- Do you have any favourite artists (painting/illustration-wise)
- What beauty products couldn’t you live without?
- What do you fear most?
- How would you tackle a hater online?
- What’s your favourite snack?
- If you could swap places with one person for the day, who would it be?