I love a bit of Christmas baking and this year I’ve been obsessed with Tanya Burr’s cookbook. Today I’ll be sharing her reindeer cookies recipe- they’re super easy to make and take just under an hour.
What You’ll Need
- 250g of butter, softened
- 150g of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla paste
- 350g of plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Red Smarties (I used ready to roll icing)
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Icing Sugar
How to Make
- First preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit or gas mark 4) and line two trays with grease proof paper.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy, then add the egg and vanilla paste- this is what mine looked like below.
3. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda to form a dough like the below.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/2 cm thick. Use a knife to cut out blunted triangle shapes to look like the reindeer’s head. Once cut out, place on the baking tray until all dough has been used.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden, then whilst the biscuits are still warm, place red smarties as the noses followed by the chocolate pretzels for the antlers and chocolate chips for the eyes.
6. Dust with icing sugar for a festive effect and enjoy!