Carrying on with my fusion of Halloween and Christmas this year, I thought I would make a Nightmare Before Christmas-esque hot chocolate recipe complete with green sparkly sprinkles. Read on for everything you need to make the yummiest festive drink you ever did discover!
What You’ll Need:
- Your favourite mason jar (preferably Halloween themed)
- Cadbury’s hot chocolate- 2-3 heaped teaspoons
- Milk- I used 100-150ml of soya milk
- Marshmallows- I used normal sized ones as oppose to mini ones (I’m greedy like that!)
- Festive sprinkles- I chose green sparkly ones for a Halloween feel!
How to Make:
- Boil your kettle and put 2-3 heaped teaspoons of your favourite hot chocolate powder into the mason jar.
- Pour a small amount of hot water into the mason jar so it just covers the powder- beat the mixture with a spoon until it forms a paste.
- Pour in a small amount of milk and stir again. Then pour more milk until it reaches the screw ridge marks of the jar before piling on your marshmallows.
- Here’s where the fun part comes in; stick your mason jar in the microwave for a minute on 900w to heat the hot chocolate and melt those marshmallows
- Finally, top with green sprinkles and stick your straw into the mason jar. Voila! Halloween/Christmas hot choc complete!